Friday, March 30, 2012

Our $9 Cuisinart...


When the entire world (or as it seems...) is spending their hard-earned cash chasing an elusive lottery number, we scored this!


Back on January 12, 2012 I wrote a blog post about a purchase I made that day at the Deseret Industries, our local thrift store. Here's the link, if you're interested: CUISINART STORY. The motor on the unit didn't work...my gamble did not pay off. I tried taking the Cuisinart apart, but I couldn't figure out why it didn't work. It was shiny enough, but shiny does not always translate to operational. For the past couple of months it's been sitting in a corner of our bedroom waiting for me to get rid of the thing. For some reason, I didn't...I just let it sit.


Fast forward to today. My youngest son and I visited our favorite thrift store and I came across another Cuisinart food processor, but this time, there was only the base motor and the food processor base. It cost me $4. This time I made sure the thing worked before I plopped down my hard-earned plastic. Still, I wasn't sure if the attachments that came with my original Cuisinart  would work. But for 4 bucks, I thought (again...) it was worth the risk.


SCORE! I brought the thing home, plugged it it, and tried it out. The darn things works. So I quickly checked out the Cuisinart website and the suggested retail price for a SmartPower Duet® Blender/Food Processor, Model BFP-03 is $79.95. Looks like, thanks to a little patience and a lack of a desire to clean up and throw away broken appliances, we saved ourselves a whole $70 and .95¢. We purchased no lottery tickets, but we bought this, and for almost 100% of those who did buy a lottery ticket(s), we have something to show for our purchase. All in all, not a bad D.I. day...

No comments:

Post a Comment