Wednesday, March 14, 2012

It's Allergy Season...


It's Allergy Season Folks!

I've lived with myself for the past four decades + and so I've come to expect a few things about how my body will react at different times of the year. I know I love winters, partially because there's no yard work to do and I'm not a huge fan of summer, partially because there's yard work to do. I do know that for a week or two in spring and another couple of weeks in autumn it's allergy season, at least, for me it is.


Monday morning after I got to work this week, I knew the season had hit. I think I used a box of tissues while at work. Thankfully many of my co-workers do no work Mondays so they were spared the scene that is me during one of my episodes. I used to take prescription drugs to help with my symptoms. I don't anymore. One reason I stopped taking the drugs was because I felt they made me drowsy. I mocked the ads on TV where they claimed their particular drug did not cause drowsiness. You LIE! I would yell. 


I noticed something when I stopped taking the medications. Even without the drugs I was so tired during allergy season. I think it's because my body is fighting so hard to repel the evil pollen invading my senses that it just gets overworked. My body just gets too tired. I'm sure there's someone who can either support my theory to debunk my theory. I'll stick with it...it works for me.


Now I'm using natural remedies. I feel better about them than I did the prescription and over-the-counter medications. Hopefully I'll be able to go to work tomorrow. I'm sure the season is not over, but at least it's one day closer to when it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment