Monday, April 2, 2012

My 2K2 Project...


This morning I had an idea...a simple idea. Actually the genesis of the idea came to me last week when I was "sprinting" while writing my latest work in progress. "Sprinting" is a term used by my writing friends at iWriteNetwork and it means we get online and write for a specific period of time. We "sprint" write. Usually the time duration lasts 20 or 25 minutes. We then take a break. After several sprinting sessions, it's amazing how much a person can write.

So what does all this have to do with 2K2? 2K stands for "2000." The second "2" stands for "times 2." So, my new daily goal is to write 2000 words and walk/run (basically travel...) 2000 meters, so 2K writing and 2K walking.

I figured out 2 kilometers is approximately 1.24 miles, or four blocks away from my house and four blocks back. I think of the two parts of my 2K2 project, the walking will be the easiest. For example, it's just after 8 p.m. tonight and I've already put in my walk. I'm finishing this blog post and I've already written in my journal so that leaves the 2000 words to write. Depending on how tonight goes, I may just have to amend my project...I guess we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment