Monday, April 23, 2012

My Little Girl...


"I am so tired," my daughter said with a sigh. "But I can't wait until tomorrow." I looked at my daughter's tired face. She did have a busy day and I'm sure she's going to sleep well tonight.

 

"Why can't you wait until tomorrow?" her younger sibling asked. "Because it's my birthday!" came the reply. "Just think," I said. "This is your last night being the age you are now. Tomorrow you'll be a year older. How do you like that?" "I can't wait," she said. "Actually, I won't officially be older until around 2pm--that's when I was born."


 And so my daughter turns another year older tomorrow. I can't imagine my life without her. She brightens up any room she's in. She makes every day better and I love her more than I can adequately say. Happy birthday, you little daughter of mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment