Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Neighbor's Car...


"Hey," I said to my neighbor as he was leaving church between meetings. "Yeah? What's up?"he said. "I was wondering if I could take a picture of your car."

"You want to take a picture of my car? Okay, I guess."

"I can't believe you drive this car." I told him as we walked from the building to the Ford Mustang convertible that sat gleaming in the sun. "Well," my neighbor said somewhat embarrassed. "It's not my car..." He and I had discussed the topic several times. And if you know my neighbor and the kind of person he is, you would know this car fits him like a turtleneck on a dolphin.

The car is, of course, not his, which means he does not own the title. That belongs to his employer--a company almost every guy would love to work for...well, most guys, anyway. Still, he continues to drive this muscle car to and from work. I'm sure the car attracts attention from all genders (as is its purpose...).

I snapped a couple of pictures. Then my neighbor said, "You should see the one I'm going to get."

"Really," I said wondering if he was joking. "Yeah, it's a Boss 302," he said. And I thought he looked out of place in this car...

No comments:

Post a Comment