Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Taking Pictures And Memorizing Lines While On A Walk...


When I got home I decided to get in a little exercising by taking a walk around my neighborhood. I took with me two things, my camera, and the script to the next show I'm in.

I went on a photowalk while memorizing my lines.


If you ever decide to do the same thing, let me give you some advice. Walking on public roads--roads without sidewalks--requires a level of attention sufficient so as not to injure oneself. Carrying a camera and a binder can be hinder one's concentration. Fortunately for me, I was able to successful walk around the block, take pictures, and go through my lines. It was a little awkward at times holding my script in one hand while holding up my camera, focusing and taking pictures with the other.


Of course, I could have left the camera at home. I would then not have captured my "Pic Of The Day" that I need. If I did that I would have been able to concentrate more on the words.

I could have also left the script at home. I might have taken more time looking for and talking pictures of interesting things. But I would not have missed an opportunity to practice the twenty or so lines I have in the upcoming production.


There is a third option--I could have left both the camera and the script at home and just enjoyed the beauty of nature while getting a little exercise.


But where's the fun in that?

Exactly!

No comments:

Post a Comment