Thursday, October 20, 2016

Voting...Already Done


I got my official ballot for this year's election in the mail earlier this week. Yesterday I filled it out and put it in the mail.

I voted.

Usually I wait until election day, but this year I decided to mail it in for two reasons. There's a practical reason for me to vote early. Since I'm doing the play, as opening night gets closer, we're pretty much needed at the theater every weeknight. I'm sure it will be tough to vote and get to the theater on time.

Like I said, that's the practical reason. There's another reason I voted early and it has to do with this particular election. Basically, I want it to be over as soon as possible. I know sending in my ballot early won't reduce the time between now and election night. But it might help slightly in the way I think about the election. For me, it's over. I can't change my vote. I've exercised my civic duty and made my choices. 

So much has been said about this election. If you're like me, you're not only sick of the presidential candidates, but all the endless words and opinions as well. I know it's important. I know I should respect the process. I still do, but...well, you know.

Yes, I've voted. I'm done. I just wish the election were done, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment