Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Which Pic Of The Day Picture To Use? Here's Today's Choices...


It doesn't happen very often but sometimes I have a hard time choosing only one photo for my Pic Of The Day. This happens when I take a couple of pictures that will work, but today I actually had four pictures I wanted to use and I wasn't sure which one to go with.


If I chose one, then the others might never be seen (not that they're all such great pictures...). Tonight I had a tough time deciding. This morning at work, before anyone else arrived, I took a panorama shot of part of our office. The Halloween decorations have been kicked into overdrive. There are some hallways where one can literally not walk down without bending over and hunching. Good thing Halloween's less than a week away--we'd all have back problems. I thought that was an interesting picture.


Tonight I had scouts and I snapped a picture of my assistant cub master. I took this picture because I was so thankful he ran tonight's meeting--and he did it with three of his kids in tow. It was an heroic gesture and he did a great job. I can write a whole blog post about him--maybe one day I will.


I took another picture at tonight's pack meeting. The scouts came in costume and they were adorable. You could see their personalities in the photo. I love capturing that. Photographers live for those moments.


And the last picture I considered was a sunset. After leaving the pack meeting and while heading to tonight's rehearsal, I saw some amazing colors hovering over the rooftops and through the trees. I pulled my car over, got out my camera, and snapped away. The actual colors failed to transfer digitally, but I still liked how it turned out.


So which one to use? I ended up using the picture of the scouts. The way the boy's personalities shown through is what did it for me. That's one cool thing about posting a daily picture--you never know what you're going to use and you never know what you'll find out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment